Our Latest Blog Post
10 Things I Love About Nambiti HillsMay 23, 2013
I could probably make a much longer list about Nambiti Hills and everything I love about it. I’m sure you could too. I’m not sure about you, but I’m a serial list maker. There is a strange satisfaction attached to it. Not half as satisfying, of course, as crossing things off the list. Like the dreadful tourist habit of ticking off wild animals and birds that have been seen, as if a page full of ticks is more of an accomplishment than the glory of simply being in the presence of wild creatures who, without ego, connect with nature and live by their instincts.
Anyway, this is not a tick-off list. It’s a list of reasons to keep going back to Nambiti Hills Private Game Lodge and to spend as much time as possible in Nambiti Private Game Reserve. It’s a list to which I hope you will add many more reasons of your own. It’s in no particular order of importance.
1. Being picked up by one of the Nambiti Hills game guides from the parking area near the gate. It
gives you a chance to get to know your guide right off the bat.
2. Seeing a whole lot of wildlife before you even get to your destination. Everything from impala to
elephants right by the roadside.
3. The warm greeting you get when you arrive. (Steaming hot towels and a fruit cocktail or glass of
Amarula go down well, too.)
4. Freshly baked cookies in your room.
5. The big stone bath in the centre of the bedroom, overlooking the reserve.
6. All the great books in the lounge.
7. The fires in winter.
8. The amazing African-Asian-whatever fusion food. Two thumbs up to the chefs!
9. The unique mix of friendliness and privacy.
10. Going to sleep to the sound of wild animals nearby.
Okay, the above is just a warm-up. I will have to continue this list at a later time.
- Siobhan, writer, wildlife enthusiast, unstoppable list-maker
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for exclusive specials, latest news and much more! Simply fill out the form below: